The Ugly Side of Gambling addiction
Gambling addiction – an impulse-control disorder of the reward system in a player’s brain which develops an addictive behavior. People at online casinos who suffer from the addiction, otherwise known as pathological or compulsive gambling, can’t control the addictive stimulus to gamble regardless of the consequences.
As we teach profitable betting strategies, responsible gaming, and we’ve taught thousands of online players via our free beginner course or our on-site tips, but it’s sad to see what appears to be a delusion of online gamblers within the United Kingdom. As it’s not unusual for British to think they are profitable casino users when they are not; psychologically a player remembers his wins more than he remembers the losses.
There are at least 8 signs or symptoms to mind:
- Borrowing any money from close friends, even your family while being dishonest about your reasons
- Chasing your losses, making stakes days and nights as you return to wager even more real money to get anything back
- Preoccupation, your mind is always on gambling and the difficulties going with a debt
- Lying about what you were doing
- Possessing cash, which then is gambled away
- Committing crimes as fraud or theft for your online play
- Whenever you feel the need to gamble increasing amounts to achieve the rush again
- Spending lots of time playing online with no reason, goal
Also, if you have some doubts if you need to take the problem personally, you can take a gambling self-test anonymously.
It has been more than 30 years since people revealed there’s the problem which can turn to disease. And in 2019, the operators opened about gaming addiction signs and also revealed the special centers to apply for a professional help and to avoid the tragedy. While there’s cure for the disease, responsible casino play rules, options and other treatments can alleviate all symptoms, which include you regular overspending and family problems.
Also, while the gaming addiction is not considered fatal, online gamblers have more of financial and health problems than the general population. Online casino players are not hiding from their personal battles either. It shouldn’t really bother you to speak about the gaming addiction and being a problem gambler if it becomes a fact of your life. And a player has to deal with it. The addiction doesn’t have to be everything, but it’s something that online users may be gamble aware and are on the know they have to work at.